Monday, September 25, 2023

A Prisoner's Plea



In prison's grip, I raise my plea,
A voice in chains, longing to be free.
Beneath the weight of iron bars,
I reach for You beyond these scars.

"Pray," I whisper, my spirit's plea,
Jesus's words, a lifeline to Thee.
In realms unseen, where hope takes flight,
My Father's presence guides my night.

"Thy kingdom come," I yearn to say,
Yet struggle with words, in this dismay.
"This day, provide," my request I send,
Daily sustenance, on You depend.

"Forgive me, Lord," my heart's refrain,
As I forgive, release my pain.
"Lead not to trial," my fears impede,
Guide me through, my heart to feed.

"Your will be done," a heavy weight,
I wrestle within, an uncertain state.
Trusting You'll provide what's right,
Though surrender comes, a humbling light.

"Yours is the power," in darkest night,
Eternal hope, my flickering light.
Amen, I cry, surrender complete,
In letting go, Your grace I meet.

In prison's depths, I find release,
A burden lifted, a newfound peace.

--a Christian brother freed from an Afghanistan prison 

No comments: